Pleased to report my brain is coming back, and my drive too, wasn’t sure when it left how long it’d be until I saw them again.
It’s been a weird 5 weeks since quitting the newspaper, but still an excellent decision. Took time to to reflect, set some hard goals with firm dates, and plot how to morph things to accomplish them. Made a spreadsheet, plus wrote it out old-school with a Sharpie on a blank page.
Some things in no specific order:
– starting to freelance, small one-off pieces here and there, with a heavy weight on the topic I said I wanted to further specialize in – auto security
– it’s been 1.5 / 4 months I planned for my savings to cover things. As of today, I have replaced 40% of that monthly income writing 25% as much as previous
– the ‘Keri on Driving’ Library is underway, soon all 160 columns will be catalogued, and a ‘Table of Contents’ created
– remember all my epiphanies? Been tracking things since, watching, and have now seen enough signs to be 100% convinced my backwards idea is going to work…
– cars are booked for weeks out
Actually, there’s been some amazing
car moments over the past couple weeks:
Tossing the all-new 2017 Jaguar XE around an autocross course.
My 2016 Chevy Trax photoshoot came out awesome.
Being drifted in a 2016 Jaguar F-TYPE.
And I revved this 2016 Pagani Huayra.
There’s been a lot of behind-the-scenes development too, emails, negotiating and talking on the phone.
Looks like this, boring.
And yup, I’m That Guy who wears a headset like that.
But hair is better since that photo, thanks Kaila! This is your best blonde yet.
Go see her too, and soon, because the year+ we’ve been working together I’ve watched her climb up quickly, so it’s best to get on her client list now – Brennen Demelo Studio 416-301-1072
kk back to building a presentation, I have 30 of these to deliver.
Hey haven’t shown you my desk in a while… I’m here right now and will take a photo, one sec…
Blog tag = desk (17)
Have a good Wednesday tomorrow!