How does an automaker decide which features to go into which model? To find out we speak with Tim Franklin, Nissan’s Head of Product Planning.
He explains it’s a balancing act among the 6 different types of features:
- Expected Features – Bluetooth
- Regulatory Features – daytime running lights
- Primary Features – keyless entry
- Proprietary Features – only one automaker offers these
- Subtle Features – seat comfort, soft-touch dash
- Canadian Features – heated side-mirrors
Read it online at Autonet.ca.
And that’s how it came to be that the Versa Note is sold in Texas, with heated seats.
Back to ‘Keri on Driving’ – Index