After a collision your mind is a mess, when it needs to be laser-focused.
The objective is to gather as much information as possible. Past advice suggests sketching and jotting notes, but instead, I say use your phone to document. The following is a set of instructions.
Print this list & stuff into glovebox:
– turn on “Location Services” so GPS coordinates will be attached to all photos
– photo EVERYthing, take like 100+ photos
– along with a 360º of the damage, photograph drivers’ licence and plates, tires, external conditions
– video witnesses, video interactions with the other driver
– use the voice record app while you walk around, narrating what you see
I hope you never have to use this list.
Read it online at Autonet.
The second last paragraph, the list of external conditions to take note of.
Back to ‘Keri on Driving’ – Index