“Can you see my gum?”
At the 2015 Canadian Auto Show (photo: Isabel Diamond)
I’m the new Ontario Sales Manager for Dent Wizard Canada, North America’s largest PDR company. All because of my blog.
OSM – Ontario Sales Manager
PDR – Paintless Dent Removal
2015 could NOT have ended on a better note. Remember I gave myself 4 months from quitting the paper, to finding new revenue? Skin of my teeth – made it by 1 week.
It all happened very fast. Remember I blogged “I need a job” on December 8? Shortly after it took off, and from initial contact to hiring was fast, 1 business week.
December 18 was the official hire date. January 4 was my start date.
Maintaining existing accounts, prospecting for new ones, and keeping the team of 20 technicians busy and happy.
Specifically, I’m about to become an expert is these services.
I work here – at Manheim.
15,000! It’s one of North America’s largest auction houses.
Turns out dents is a $2 billion a year business I KNOW?! So it pays amazing (you don’t think I’d get this pumped about $50k eh.)
It’s a big salary plus commission, on a zero-baseline product, plus benefits, cell phone, and plus A CAR.
kk I’ll state a goal… in 18 months, bet I can crack 6 figures.
There’s many reasons!
– it’s straight-forward business – there’s a dent, now it’s fixed, take payment, the end
– there’s no Tweeting about the dent! No – how many Facebook shares did my dent get?
– it’s a low-impact-karma job like, what’s the opposite of arms and drug trafficking? Dents.
– I am not involved with an auto-manufacturer – meaning, I can continue to test and review cars totally unbiased, that’s proper journalist ethics
When I found this during my research, the bottom right quadrant is what made me really want the job.
“Integrity” – when was the last time you saw that? Exactly.
Ironically, my 1st task was… writing 300 words.
And done from the front seat of my car, ha. Learning to file from anywhere pays off in the weirdest ways.
It will get even better!
– the pressure is gone to make it make money, blogging will be fun again
– you think I’m lippy now? Mwahaha
– it’s a 9-5 and no-weekends job, so the blog can continue during those hours. Plus, I have about 20 cars backlogged here to blog… that I’m drowning in car content is perfect
– in a backwards way, I bet this job is exactly what the blog needed, and its traffic will take off in 2016
– I can now apply my invention – the Cashless Blogging System
– I’ll have money now, I can invest in KeriBlog. A few months after I get my finances stabilized I’ll hire someone to renovate my blog. Doesn’t a new theme sound nice, a new hosting company, something properly optimized for mobile…. that is now possible
I know eh, how I got so lucky I don’t know.
Here we go guys! Thanks for always cheering me on.
The words were spoken by my boss on December 22, during the confirmation meeting at my new job.
This double rainbow actually happened on the drive home from the meeting.
“You’re here because of your blog, Keri.”
Hence the “YA I did” camera angle.
Maybe the extra good luck came from having one of my favourite cars of 2015 for a second week…
… a 2016 Cadillac ATS.
Maybe, but probably more because hard work and the high road pays off.
I love its simplicity. I love how it’s analog.
I love that what little digital exists is the olden-times, green 8-bit type.
Clusters like this won’t exist for much longer, with everything moving towards all-digital.
It belongs to a 2016 Jeep Wrangler.
I know I said this instrument cluster was my favourite, but that was before I had this Jeep for a week.
Its whole interior is refreshingly functional and ergonomic.
Blog tag = Jeep