After a collision your mind is a mess, when it needs to be laser-focused. Print and stuff this into your glovebox.
Read it online at Autonet.
The checklist in bullet points:
– turn on “Location Services” so GPS coordinates will be attached to all photos
– photo EVERYthing, take like 100+ photos
– along with a 360º of the damage, photograph drivers’ licence and plates, tires, external conditions
– video witnesses, video interactions with the other driver
– use the voice record app while you walk around, narrating what you see
The second last paragraph, the list of external conditions to take note of.
All ‘Keri on Driving’ columns here.